Based on the novel Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe, the character I like best is Robinson Crusoe himself.
I like Crusoe mainly because of his boldness and determination to survive. It takes courage to run away at such a tender age and escape from pirates if you are caught and treated as a slave. When he is marooned on an island after a storm destroys his ship, he does what he can to help himself. Although he felt desolate at first, he shakes off this negative feeling. He salvages food and supplies from the shipwreck to help him survive. He builds a home, plants rice, collects and dries fruits, rears goats and even makes his own clothes, utensils and furniture. He is able to build a comfortable life for himself because he is determined to survive. This is truly admirable.
Another reason why I like Crusoe is that he is brave. When he sees several cannibals killing and cutting up a victim, he is afraid. This however does not stop him from saving another of their victims, whom he later calls Friday. Later, he rescues two others from cannibals, a Spaniard and Friday’s father. He also rescues an English captain and several sailors from mutineers. Crusoe is certainly no coward.
Crusoe is also hardy and strong as an individual. He is able to endure loneliness and hardship. This shows he has great willpower. He shows his perseverance when he had to make another boat because the first one he built was too heavy and too far from the shore. I admire him for being able to persevere for 25 years without a single human being to talk to except for his animals /pets as his companions.
After his long stay on the deserted island, Robinson must have looked rather odd. However he is a man of admirable character, someone we could all learn from. He is the character I like best in this novel.
5 paragraphs =more than 50 words.
*Tenses must be consistent – if past tense, throughout essay use past tense.
- if present tense , then make sure it is
used throughout your essay.
Sentence structure – simple, compound and complex.
Take note of your structures and punctuation.
2 comments:
who's essey is this ?
is it done by student from 2t or 2c ?
This sample is not a student's essay, I adapted it from an English reference book - made amendments and improvements. There are no samples which seem to follow the 5 paragraph concept, so I have to create it to help my students.
Pn Sawaran
Post a Comment